A Forum for suggestions, criticism, corrections, comments & posts
- At Makemi we have a passion for small business. We were grew up in, are educated in, and we have operated small business for over 50 years.
- Makemi is a patriotic company that is tired of those who neglect the important American economic sector of small business, under 50-employees.
- Makemi has the expertise and comment to offer this site as a community forum of the small business owner, by the small business owner, for the small business from the small business owners’ perspectives.
- Makemi searched for years and found few sites of the owners, for the owners, by the owners. Makemi’s effort is to build a legacy for the owners of small business from their perspectives.
Your comments, participation and contributions are needed for all that is in this website.
- Your suggestions and ideas are needed for the design, features and focus of the site.
- Your discussion in a forum about a post is needed.
- Your posts, articles, for the benefit of all are needed.
- Your unique experience, insights and industry/activity inputs are needed.
- Your opinions are needed.
- You are needed.
The choice is yours to help make this Small Business Forum effective and true to its principals.
- It is your choice to both teach and learn on this site.
- It is your choice to contribute.
- It is your choice to visit and participate.
- It is your choice to share (teach) and learn from this site.
- It is your choice to unite with fellow small business owners for mutual benefit.
- It is your choice to stand up and be counted with us
- It is your choice to help us help ourselves.
Makemiweb.com is your forum for your use. We have it funded for three years. If all is well and market acceptance exists we will continue this open forum community of small business owners. If we meet our community forum, traffic and activity goals we will have permanent achieve permanent and on-going funding after our 3-year trial beginning January 1, 2011. How well the future unfolds is up to you, the small business owner, and your participation id we are to meet our community forum traffic and activity goals. This site is not about academia or theoretical advice from talking heads or publishing gurus.
Makemi is about the expertise from the small business owners shared with and for the small business owners. Makemi is about community for small business owners who have acquired their expertise from the street and schools of hard knocks. This is a pragmatic effort, an honest effort, an American effort and an American opportunity for a community that Makemi thinks exists and Makemi thinks is underserved. We think we need to stand up and be counted.
Makemi’s China activity was a secondary motivator for this site. Why? China is changing to capitalism (a free market economy) and their service sector, small business, is the fastest growing sector. China is reducing state owned involvement in business and has been increasing personal freedom since 1990s while America is decreasing personal freedom and increasing state owned enterprise (socialism) in fact or by regulation. Privately owned and successful small businesses in China have an average of 30-employees. They cannot grow because they cannot compete with subsidized state owned enterprises (SOE) unless they grow into other markets. America is the primary market they wish to grow into or get technology, services and supplies from so they can grow.
Americans small businesses need customers and suppliers as customers are few and less all the time in America driving them to solutions in the global marketplace. Markets are driving business decisions to the lowest cost most effective solution from any of the global markets.
Many American small businesses need external markets to grow (increase sales). Chinese successful small businesses need American suppliers and markets to grow (increase sales). Both need each other. Small business is the most neglected in America and China of all business enterprises in their respective countries, in our assessment. If you agree with Makemi join us on this journey into the future for more profit.
This future journey is filled with challenges and difficulties as we all try to move into a future of a growing China and a flat, maybe stagnating America albeit, still the best market in the world for all.
Makemi gains first hand experience on every trip to China visiting Hong Kong(香港), Guangzhou（广州）, Shenzhen（深圳）, Shanghai（上海）, Beijing （北京）and second-tier cities such as Wuhan（武汉）, Fujian（福建） and Dalian（大连） as well as smaller communities like Renqiu（河北任丘）, Ping Gu Qu（北京平谷区）, Lianyungang （江苏连云港）as well as rural farm communities. Experiencing small business free enterprise in China helped Makemi look through the glass clearly. What was seen was an America moving towards socialism of too-big-to-fail and more government parasites than revenue producers. In China many Americans can be rejuvenated and see themselves more clearly with their mission based on the American spirit and founding economic engine of new jobs, not more jobs, new jobs, that arise in small business tot ake us all into the future.
The Americans need customers and buyers with money who can pay for the orders and deliver the goods. The Chinese also need customers and buyers with money who can pay for the orders and deliver the goods. Makemi has six goals:
- Provide a FORUM, an Internet community, for small business owners.
- Donate consulting help to small businesses in trouble for FREE if needed and wanted
- Assist small business in America with free web sites.
- Assist small business in China.
- Build bridges between American and Chinese small businesses.
- Make a profit (the secret recipe of Makemi) while giving away services and supporting this small business forum and community.
State-owned companies like General Motors (GM) in America, too big too fail, now socialized with tax payer money and by regulations, and SAIC Motor Co. Ltd.’s in China dominate their respective industries in their home country but their contribution may not be healthy for the long-term. Makemi is satisfied to let the self-interested politicians, over-benefitted government workers, the too-big-to-fail corporations and pundits waste their time on their self-serving efforts to cling to the failed past of bolstering their higher income levels and profits from the plights and backs of the others; small business, small farm and non-union workers and families.
Makemi is focusing on the true strength of the American economy, the training ground for the future, the new jobs of the future, the foundation of family and the seminal roots of all too-big-to-fail; the small business owner/farmer/worker and their family future.
Please join us. Together we can be strong. Together we can be a rational voice heard by all again. Together we can elevate the respect and consideration we deserve from others. Together we can redefine ourselves for a more successful future.